Today’s guest post comes from Minding the Kings.
Find the original post here.
You know, sometimes Mr. King and I just need a date night. A time to ourselves where we can set our responsibilities aside and enjoy each other’s company. It’s so important to spend that time together and cultivate a strong relationship. A strong marriage relationship sets the foundation for a strong family! But after a while it can be hard to come up with date ideas. We want to mix it up! We want to try something new! Going to the same couple restaurants every time gets boring, and when we just go to a movie we aren’t really engaging with each other. So I sat down and came up with a list of ideas we could try. Then I thought, we can’t be the only ones looking for new ideas! So, I’m sharing the magic with all of you!
**Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Click HERE to learn more**
50 Magical Date Night Ideas
- Go for a bike ride
- Create sidewalk chalk murals all over town
- Take selfies together with random strangers, then create a photo book of your adventure
- Go out and do random acts of kindness together
- Go Fishing
- Look up workout videos from the 80’s and have fun working out and making fun of them together!
- Taste test candy or snacks from other countries
- Put together a 1000+ piece puzzle
- Visit an art museum, take notepads and pens in with you, and pretend to be art critics!
- Build sandcastles and look for shells at the beach
- Go canoeing
- Do an escape room
- Go ice skating or roller skating
- Go shopping together and pick out clothes for each other to try on
- Make music videos by recording yourselves singing and dancing to your favorite songs
- Do a craft together, like making a tie blanket, a stepping stone for your garden, or painting flower pots
- Rent a movie that’s in a foreign language, then make up the dialogue for it while you watch
- Have a water balloon fight, then relax together in a kiddie pool
- Do a color run or mud run together
- Go Bowling
- Take a class together (painting, cooking, etc)
- Explore a nearby town you’ve never been to before
- Go Horseback Riding
- Play Frisbee and have a picnic at the park
- Do a progressive dinner restaurant tour: Have an appetizer at one restaurant, split an entree at 2 other places, and finish with dessert somewhere else!
- Read together
- Go Geocaching, or play similar types of games, like Pokemon Go, Draconius Go, or Zombies, Run!
- Go riding quads, dirt bikes, a side-by-side, or other recreational vehicles together
- Volunteer together
- Look up a new recipe, go shopping for the ingredients, and make it together (maybe try this one!)
- Go Swimming
- Create a vision board together
- Look up massage techniques and try them out on each other
- Taste test and rate different brands of cola, different flavors of M&M’s, or other foods and drinks!
- Play strip poker
- Set up hammocks, then watch the sun set and stargaze together
- Do a couple’s photo shoot
- Go camping. REAL camping!
- Play video games together. Multiplayer ones, so you are both playing!
- Get to know each other even better by doing a questionnaire or asking “would you rather” questions
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Work together on a scrap book of your favorite memories
- Borrow I Spy or Where’s Waldo books from the library and spend time together doing them
- Have a Nerf war or a Nerf sharpshooter competition
- Stay in a hotel room with a Jacuzzi and pamper yourselves
- Have a game night playing your favorite board, dice and card games
- Do a fast food taste test: Gather 1 each of the same item from different fast food restaurants (chicken nuggets, cheeseburgers, etc). Then one person wears a blindfold while the other feeds them the foods from each place one at a time. The blindfolded one has to guess where each item they try is from!
- Build something together. Doesn’t matter if its from IKEA or made from scratch.
- Go out and play Pool together
- Do a $10 date: Each person gets $10 to shop with. The objective is to find 2 things to buy for your other half, 1 thing they would like and 1 gag gift!
For 15 more fun ideas, head over to My Cup Runs Overand check out her list!
As rare as our date nights are, this list will last my husband and I a LONG time! I hope you find some ideas you can use to make your next date night magical! Let me know in the comments what your favorite ideas are!